How do I use Togo to collect deposits from online bookings?
You can add prepay methods to take deposits and payments from online bookings.
- Go to ‘Manage Venue’ on the home page
- Click on ‘Third Party’ at the top of the page
- Add your ID or username to the prepay methods you want to set up (PayPal, Zapper, RealEx)
- Click the ‘Save Changes’ button at the bottom of the column
- Go back to the ‘Venue Settings’ page
- Select ‘Prepay Settings’ at the top of the page
- You can add a prepay rule for customers booking online
- Add a ‘Prepay rule description’ this could be ”£5 deposit required per head for Christmas Lunch Menu”
- If you want to take prepayment for larger party sizes then set the ‘Prepay Rule Trigger’ to the number of covers you want to receive prepayment from this could be parties of 10+. If you want to receive prepayment from all bookings set the Prepay Rule Trigger to 1.
- Add prepay amount you wish to receive for the specific rule you have set
- Set a ‘Prepayment Rule Cuttoff day’. This is the time in days that the prepayment needs to be sent by before the date of the booking
- If you accept Paypal, set the ‘Paypal Payment Type’. We advise ‘Authorise Only’ as this holds the customer’s prepayment and in the case of a no-show you can easily claim this money back by logging into Paypal.
- Choose whether you want to recieve a payment per head or per booking
- Add a start and end date to your Prepayment rule.
- Click ‘Add Rule’. Your new prepayment rule will appear in a list on the right of the screen.
- If you have more than one prepayment rule running at the same time, you can prioritise the most important by numbering each rule in the ‘Order ID’ box. 1 being the highest priorty.
- Edits can be made to your prepayment rule by clicking ‘Manage’